Sunday 27 March 2011

Group Members


Jos

I have skills in filming interesting shots, editing parts of our work. Whilst I used Final Cut Pro last year when editing our film intro, I have gained many skills in which I could use in the music video editing procedure. Whilst filming I also found out about how to use interesting shots and angles, which can help to boost the film’s appearance greatly. The way in which I want to develop is that I want my editing skills to improve even more than they have in the last year, as there are a few things that I haven’t fully understood or learnt to use yet. Also, when the filming is taking place I want to contribute a bit more, meaning I want to hold the camera more, give more of my ideas, etc. My inspirations are hip hop, R&B, my favourite artist are Eminem, Usher, Mike Posner, Chris brown.


Tom

During the year that has passed concerning AS media I have developed my camera skills and my editing skills using the software Final Cut Pro, in the year to come I would like to develop and expand my knowledge of Final Cut pro and the use of camera angles and skills I will used. These skills will be developed via taking part in a range of group work to create a music video, communication with other members of the group will allow us to share ideas and create a good music video. My inspirations have a range of genres and usually contain more than one mix of them; bands like All Time Low are a mix of pop and punk. I also like indie music like the killers.



Callum

My main strength is filming as I enjoy doing it; I hope I can improve on my editing skills throughout the project that we are going to do. In my previous project I enjoyed the role I was doing with the camera work, I enjoyed all of the different shots and angels and improved from when I first started doing camera work. My favourite genre is a mix really I do not have one specific genre I enjoy, the music we have chosen in our video is the killers which is not one of my favourites but I do enjoy some of the indie rock music they produce and hope by working with it I get to enjoy the music much more than I previously did. Learning about how this type of genre was created in the music industry. My inspirations are all types of music which you hear daily because if there was not music there would not be much around, the likes of Taio cruz, the killers and many more.



Music video: The killers All these things I have done.

As a group we had different tastes in music, which is normal however we were able to meet in the middle and pick a song we all approve of. I hope to improve in the area of editing whilst I am doing this project as in my previous project I sat back and let others do the editing whilst I did the camera work “ Callum”.

I hope to learn more about filming styles and editing techniques. I wish to achieve a decent music video with lots of interesting camera work, and that the video relates to the song. “tom”.

Within the media industry I hope to improve on the camera movements and compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment